ArcGIS 10.4.1 inconsistent Arc2Earth google tiling

smwerner

15 Jun, 2017 09:43 PM

I recently upgraded to 10.4.1 from 10.3 and reinstalled Arc2Earth this morning and it has had problems ever since. Oftentimes the Google satellite doesn't load at all at large scales and blank tiles frequently appear at smaller scales. Imagery takes 20+ seconds to load and I have a fast cable internet connection (just tested at 65Mbps). The slow loading frequently occurred before the upgrade which I thought might fix it.

I've added the server exceptions to my firewall. Disabling the firewall doesn't fix it. Ok well now it's working a little better just in the past few minutes.

Anything I can do to improve this? is there a cache setting that would help? The tutorial on saving AGS tiles that this comment directed me to is missing images and I can't understand it.

1. 1 Posted by smwerner on 22 Jun, 2017 10:14 PM

Imagery not loading at all right now. This service is completely unreliable and not worth the $$.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by bFlood on 23 Jun, 2017 12:01 PM

3. 3 Posted by smwerner on 20 Jul, 2017 11:57 PM

I've tried restarting the Arc2Earth module with no change.  I'm fairly sure I went through most of the other steps.  
    I think web traffic might be the issue.  I seem to have no problem when using the software after hours on MOST nights.  During the day the connection is hit or miss.
    But check out this attachment.  Two data frames, same scale, and the sites are several miles apart, both in the City of Ventura.  Yet only one frame shows the google data (shows as this no matter which data frame is active).

To: [email blocked]
     Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 5:01 AM
     Subject: ArcGIS 10.4.1 inconsistent Arc2Earth google tiling [Problems]

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac