Cannot sychronize ArcMap with Google Earth

Natthanij Soonsawad

26 Mar, 2012 08:37 PM

Hi,

I am wondering what should i do to fix the problem that the "synchronize with Google Earth" button is not working. I am using ArcGIS 10, and the new version of Arc2Earth. I updated the license(community edition) with the provided serial no. After I restarted both the program and the computer, it was still not working.

Thank you very much in advance!
Natthanij

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by bFlood on 27 Mar, 2012 12:13 AM

can you send the debug log (Help->Show Options->SHow Debug log)

also, what error comes up when you click the button? What happens when you click it a second time. Does Google Eart start but just doesn't synchronize?

cheers
    brian

2. 2 Posted by Natthanij Soons... on 27 Mar, 2012 05:24 AM

Dear Brian,

Thank you very much for your response. Please see the attached debug log. Regarding what happened after clicking the synchronize button, nothing happened and so did the second time. The Google Earth did not start from clicking the sync button. I have to open it separately. Also, when it started, I could not be synchronized with the ArcMap either.

Thank you,

3. 3 Posted by Natthanij Soons... on 27 Mar, 2012 10:21 AM

I could fix the problem now. It is because I previously set the language in the Google Earth in Thai to read street names in my native language. Now that I changed it back to English, the ArcMap can be synchronized with Google Earth. It may be kind of incompatible at first. Thank you!

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by bFlood on 27 Mar, 2012 02:47 PM

good to hear, I'll take a look at the language setting issue, I don't know why that would be a problem

cheers
    brian

5. bFlood closed this discussion on 27 Mar, 2012 02:47 PM.

6. Luis re-opened this discussion on 26 Jun, 2017 03:13 PM

7. 5 Posted by Luis on 26 Jun, 2017 03:13 PM

I have the same problem with "sychronize ArcMap with Google Earth" by clicking on the button nothing happens. I'm using ArcMap10.3
    Could you help me solve this problem?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac