Maplex and Arc2Earth

Nathan

20 Jun, 2011 02:02 PM

Hi All,

There are complex labels created with the Maplex extension in my map. Could these labels be kept unchanged while they are exported as Bing Map or ArcGIS Server tiles? Thanks!

Nathan

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by bFlood on 20 Jun, 2011 02:17 PM

yes, whatever you can display in ArcMap will be in the tiles. We actually recommend using Maplex for complex labeling on tiles, specifically for properly maintaining label location across multiple tiles

cheers
    brian

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by bFlood on 18 May, 2017 11:57 PM

Hey!

Just take a look at these crazy stuff! It's something beyond my imagination, take a look here http://cause.dailyembroidery.com

Be well, bFlood

Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 7:57 PM
    To: [email blocked]
    Subject: Likewise

Most real artists collaborate at some point during their careers, look at folks like John Paul Jones, all they do is collaborate. Have a look at the credits of a major motion picture some time, which is basically just a lot of still photographs stitched together. Is it just one guy? Or is it more than one name?

From my perspective I would say that you are fantastically fortunate to be with a girlfriend who respects you and encourages your new hobby so much that she's willing to spend her time and artistic effort collaborating with you.

I would also say that for a beginning photographer which we all were sometime - and for lots of amateurs and experts too - the perspective that another person brings to your shot is very valuable. I know that when I look at a shot my view of it is contaminated by what I remember the scene looking like, and especially by the way I felt when I was there and trying to compose the shot to capture that feeling. If you are trying to get better those things are obstacles, they prevent you from seeing what is really there in your shot. So I think you're tremendously lucky, you get to see what another person thinks could make your shots better. That is like getting a free course in photography with one-on-one attention from someone who actually cares about your shots. Many people can't get that anywhere.

So you know, I guess I am saying you ought to roll with it, look at it as an advantage.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac