Import tiles to Arcmap

daniel.franke

10 Aug, 2012 01:28 PM

Hallo, is possible import just exported tiles to Arcmap? I export tiles (google cache X,Y,Z) on my harddrive (exp.: C:/..../KMLDocuments/Export Data/Layers). Is possible use Map Tile Layer as New Provider to upload this tiles to ArcMap? Thanks, Daniel

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by bFlood on 10 Aug, 2012 01:50 PM

hello

if you export as ArcGIS Server cache format instead of Google Maps, you should be able to add the folder to ArcGIS 10+ (maybe 9.3 too, never tried)

as of right now, you would not be able to reference the local file system cache from the Map Tile Layer. You could setup your localhost web server to serve out those tiles and then use that url from the MTL but that's kind of a hassle. Direct access to the local tile cache is something that we should try to make available in a future version, it seems like a reasonable request (reading from mbtiles would be nice too)

cheers
    brian

2. 2 Posted by Khaled Ali on 16 May, 2014 02:49 PM

Hi There,

I am using arc2earth for the first time. I was able to create map in the ArcGIS format. But when I add it back to ArcMap 10.2 as a layer, nothing shows up. Is there something I am missing? I need to create map tiles so that I can use them when I am working in remote locations where there is no internet connectivity.

Also, If I am zoomed out and need to cache tiles for a large area, is it possible to create the caches generated at the maximum resolution?

Thanks.

3. 3 Posted by Jason on 02 Feb, 2017 06:29 PM

I am trying this with 10.5 and I am having the same issue too. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac