move license to new pc

jonhamilton54

30 Jul, 2018 04:43 PM

I am replacing my old computer with a new one and need to move my arc2earth license to my new computer. What is the process for doing this?

1. 1 Posted by jonhamilton54 on 08 Aug, 2018 12:22 PM

Posted this over a week ago, still have not heard anything. Not able to use Arc2Earth until we can transfer the license.

2. 2 Posted by Terry West II on 08 Aug, 2018 01:27 PM

Jon,

I am currently working with the Arc2Earth support staff on this same problem. The issue you are/will have is that the license, in their system, is "activated" on the old pc and they do not provide an end user available method to "deactivate" on an old and "reactivate" on a new pc.

Per my support discussion with them, now a few days in before the first reply, I received a one line "what is your license number" response.

Login to their website with the account that has access to the license number to get the number. Then, I'd open a new discussion thread (one that isn't open to the public, like this one) per the error message you'll receive on the new PC that can't activate. That thread will only be open to you and the support staff.

3. 3 Posted by jonhamilton54 on 08 Aug, 2018 02:40 PM

Apparently all I had to do was open A2E help menu and select Upgrade License. after doing this twice A2E started working on my new computer. Thanks Terry for letting me know to log this as private.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac