How do I install Arc2Earth
Installation and Registration
Arc2Earth is an ESRI ArcGIS extension built using
Microsoft’s .Net technologies. For these reasons,
there are a couple of prerequisites needed on your computer before installing the software.
• Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and
Windows Server 2003 and 2008
• ESRI ArcGIS 9.0 or greater
• ESRI ArcGIS .Net Support (available on the ArcGIS installation CD)
• Microsoft .Net 2.0 or greater
Installing Arc2Earth is simple. You can download the latest
version using the link provided in your
purchase email or going to http://www.arc2earth.com/products/download
To Install Arc2Earth on Your Machine
- Download the latest version from the email or use the link sent
to you in the purchase email.
- If you downloaded a ZIP file, extract the setup files and
double-click the MSI installer file to launch setup.
If you've downloaded a self-extracting setup, simply double-click on the file to launch setup. On certain networks and in particularly on Vista and Win 7 machines, you will need to install using the network administrator account
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install
- When the install is complete, the Registration window should appear. Fill in your information and Register
If the Registration Window Does Not Appear After
1. On some machines, the Registration Window will not appear after installation. Verify that you had Administrator access for the install.
2. Open up ArcMap
3. Go to the View -> Toolbars menu item
4. Select the Arc2Earth toolbar to make it visible
5. Goto Help->Upgrade License and fill in your information
6. Hit the “Register” button and enter the serial number sent to you in the purchase email
There is also a “Check for Software
Updates” option in the Help menu and on the Help-About
window. This will inform
you if there is a new version of Arc2Earth available.